Thursday, November 30, 2006

Everything you need to know about me and Christmas!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Everything is wrapped or put in gift bags.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, two of them

5. When do you put your decorations up? Right after Thanksgiving


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mom's Potato Salad

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Waking up EARLY Christmas morning waiting for Santa to finish putting our toys out in the living room


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think it was at church when our Sunday School teacher told us she doesn't lie to her daughter about Santa. (I think it was a bad way to find out).

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, but I think we should start this tradition for my 3 year old daughter

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and hand picked ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don't have to drive in it. I enjoy watching from the window, hate to be cold.

12. Can you ice skate? Nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A baby doll that I could feed 'real' food to. I wanted that doll so badly and was thrilled when I got it (of course when I was little)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Handpicked ornament for each year, eating mom's delicious food

16. What tops your tree? An angel


17. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both! It's fun with a child, seeing the magic through her eyes

18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Jingle Bells

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck, well I will take just one per year for the spirit

20. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Stockings, I don't usually fill them but I should!

21. Do you like sledding? Yes but in the South, we don't get the chance to do that much

22. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? Florida

23. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? No, but will start doing that with my daughter in the future

24. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Our Christmas tree, decorations and looking at Christmas lights when we are out driving

25. Does your wrapping color coordinate? No

26. Favorite gift you've ever given? Given to my mom... a baby bib "You are my Sunshine" since she sang that to me all the time when I was little, with a poem announcing that I was pregnant. I will never forget my mom's reaction! Priceless! There will be nothing to top this one for me.

27. Most fun Holiday memory? Bringing our two kittens with us to Florida for Christmas one year because we didn't want to leave them at the kennel for too long and they were our furbabies. It was fun having them come along. Unfortunately they are no longer with us.

28. Do you wrap your own gifts? I usually have my husband wrap all the gifts for us. But when we buy our own presents (to ourselves) we don't wrap them.

29. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Having my grandfather (Paw Paw) come by our house every Christmas morning to visit and some years I would ride with him to visit my other cousins.

Would love to read about you too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home